Friday, December 04, 2009

Trojan Condoms Should Sponsor Tiger Woods



Does a human being deserve privacy if he earns $100 Million a year promoting products? Do people on reality shows deserve privacy when their personal lives take a turn for the negative side? How much can a person say “Look at me! Look at me!” before that person deserves the right to say, “I would like some privacy”?

Tiger Woods at only age 33 has been able to earn more money than Michael Jordan in endorsements. Unlike most famous athletes, Tiger Woods may have a career that lasts 25 or more years because golf is a sport in which athletes may be able to be competitive even in their late 40s. It may be possible that we may see Tiger Woods golf career last even 30 years, while the average great football or basketball player has a career of 10-15 years. He is on track to become the first billionaire athlete.

Recently, there was a lot of speculation that Tiger Woods’ car crash was due to him trying to drive away from his wife, who was violently confronting him over possible affairs. After a phone message was leaked to the press of Tiger Woods trying to cover up his involvement with one woman, he has admitted that he has made some mistakes without clearly saying, “I cheated on my wife.” Instead, he said, “I have let my family down and I regret those transgressions with all of my heart. I have not been true to my values and the behavior my family deserves. I am not without faults and I am far short of perfect. I am dealing with my behavior and personal failings behind closed doors with my family. Those feelings should be shared by us alone.”

Hold on, buddy! What gives Tiger Woods the right to say that he deserves privacy when he’s been one of the least private athletes on the planet? I do not think that every athlete deserves to have his private life made public, but not every athlete has endorsements that dwarf his or her sports income. There are many athletes who are one of the top in their sports yet still do not receive any income from endorsements. Let’s say there is a defensive lineman who plays well in the NFL, but does not receive a single endorsement. If he gets caught cheating on his wife, he still did not put himself out in the public the way that Tiger Woods has. Sure the defensive lineman plays a sport that can bring a lot of attention, but he is not doing things to bring more attention to himself off the football field. So the lineman can be just like some other person with a private life, who happened to have an affair.

Tiger Woods could have been just the top golfer in the world, but he used his fame to earn way more money off the golf course than he ever would earn playing golf. People see Tiger’s face on commercials endorsing products that have nothing to do with golf, like Gillette razors. By choosing to draw more attention to himself, he has lost the right to privacy. He is too famous and his actions prior to getting caught cheating are too self-promoting for Tiger Woods to expect any privacy.
The sponsors of Tiger Woods are sticking by him for now. If it turns out that he’s a sex maniac who has cheated with many women, some of those sponsors may walk away. He will never have to worry about money, but you cannot buy a good reputation. That is why I think that he should just try to laugh this off by taking a sponsorship with Trojan condoms.

One more note. Tiger Woods looks like the offspring of Yoda having sex with a frog. His wife is a Swedish model named Elin Nordegren. Part of me was thinking, “He cheated on her? She is way more attractive than him.” But I think that Tiger Woods has a super-sized ego and is completely full of himself. I no longer consider myself to be a fan of his and I don’t care what happens to him in the future. There are better people in the world than Tiger Woods and they deserve better than he does. Tiger Woods is a schmuck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

magic store
Free Hit Countersstats
magic store