Friday, September 25, 2009

Randy Quaid Arrested Over An Unpaid Hotel Bill



I have never heard of a story like this before and frankly, could not happen to a normal person like myself.

Randy Quaid and his wife were arrested for not paying a $10,000 hotel bill.

Before I begin on the case, I want people to know something about Randy Quaid. He is actually a really great actor. Most people know him as the kooky cousin in the National Lampoon Vacation films. But Randy Quaid has done a wonderful job in other films earlier in his career. At the age of 23, he was nominated for an Oscar for Best Supporting Actor in a film called The Last Detail. Jack Nicholson was nominated for Best Actor. The film is highly entertaining and proves that Randy Quaid is talented. But there is another performance of his that I came across by accident. In college, I was writing a paper about how films have portrayed Lyndon Johnson. I saw a film that was made for television called LBJ: The Early Years. Randy Quaid was excellent as Lyndon Johnson. He won a Golden Globe for his performance. Above this article I inserted a picture of Randy Quaid as Lyndon Johnson. I am using this picture because I want people to see this performance if it is ever on television.

Now back to the case. Why does Randy Quaid owe so much money to a hotel? This probably happened because the hotel did not follow procedure and get a credit card number when he arrived to check in. Stars can receive special treatment, but in this situation, I cannot feel sorry for a hotel that decided not to get Randy Quaid’s credit card number prior to giving him a hotel key.

There is a hotel that I visit often when I go down to Charlottesville. They have my credit card on file because I have stayed there a number of times. When I arrive at the hotel, some of the staff recognizes me. One of them said that their hotel is my home away from home. I would have to agree. But when I check in, they still need to see my identification.

Every time I check into a hotel, they need my credit card information and to see my driver’s license prior to checking in. Unlike Randy Quaid, it would be impossible for me to skip a hotel bill. The hotel has my credit card number. They can charge my credit card for the nights that I have stayed at the hotel.

Why did Randy Quaid allegedly skip out on a hotel bill? I don’t know, but this would not have become national news if the hotel just treated him like a normal guest by asking for his credit card before giving him a key to one of their rooms. Then the bill would be on his credit card and Randy Quaid would have no choice other than to pay his monthly credit card bill.

Sometimes treating a celebrity in a special way can have negative consequences. In this situation, trying to treat Randy Quaid different only turned out negatively for Randy Quaid himself when he was treated like a criminal. I don’t know the name of the hotel where he stayed, but I think that I should go there. When checking in, I’m sure that they will ask for my credit card information. At that time I should just ask, “Don’t you know who I am?” They would say, “No.” Then I would say, “I’m Michael Rubin. I own http://www.michaelrubin.com." They would say, “Well we need your credit card information so we can let you check in.” I will give them my credit card and let them see my identification if needed. It beats getting arrested for an unpaid bill.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

magic store
Free Hit Countersstats
magic store