Monday, August 04, 2008

Not a Private Matter


So Christian Bale was arrested, but not charged, with assault on his sister and mother.

I do not know if he will be charged. I cannot tell you if he is innocent or guilty. I can say this. When it comes to celebrities and abuse, it is not a private matter.

Studios spend millions of dollars to promote films. Famous actors are not just judged by their acting talent. They are also judged by their likeability.

If an actor is known to hurt members of his family, the actor would have a more difficult time separating his personal life from his professional job. If you think that I am wrong, just ask any celebrity with a tainted past.

There are a few things that a celebrity or any human being can do that will forever taint his image:

1. Being a sexual predator.
2. Being a thief.
3. Being a spousal abuser.

It is hard for me to look at an actor and not think of the horrible things that he did. O.J. Simpson had some success as an actor after his football career had ended. Then he was arrested for double murder. He was found not guilty by a criminal court, but also found liable in civil court for the murders of Ronald Goldman and Nicole Brown Simpson. But many people strongly believe that he is guilty of the murders. When I think of him, I think of the O.J. Simpson murder case. I do not think of the football career. It would be too risky for any studio to put him in a film. His acting career is over.

I cannot think of Mel Gibson without thinking of the horrible things that he said about Jews. I am Jewish and feel that he is Anti-Semitic. Therefore, I am not interested in going to see his movies. I used to be a fan of his. I loved and own the movie Braveheart. Mel Gibson is an extremely talented actor and director. That being said, I cannot think about him without remembering his hatred of Jews.

I truly hope that Christian Bale is innocent. But if he is found guilty, just like many other celebrities, one wrong decision can potentially ruin his film career.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

magic store
Free Hit Countersstats
magic store