Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Drew Carey on The Price Is Right

Sometimes producers make the right decision. Drew Carey has been chosen to replace Bob Barker on The Price is Right.

The reason why this is such a great decision is because the producers chose someone who would not be controversial. Had they chosen Rosie O’Donnell, they would have had some controversy and could have lost viewers.

When I think of Drew Carey, I ask myself, “What has he ever said that offended people?” I honestly cannot think of one controversy involving him. Drew Carey is a safe choice to replace Bob Barker and he can add some comedy to the show. Comedians can make great hosts if they know when to add a great joke. Bob Barker has been the face of The Price is Right for decades. While Bob Barker is not a comedian, he became an icon on the show. For people to watch the show in 2006, they could see the same guy who hosted it when they watched the show years ago. In a way, Bob Barker was a familiar face who we could return to. I remember him when I was a young child. It’s good to return to a show and see the person who hosted it years ago.

Drew Carey adds something new to the show. He adds the touch of comedy that can grab new audience members. My only question is this. How long does Drew Carey plan to host the show? Drew Carey could be on the show for years, or just briefly until he takes another job. I do not know what he wants for his own future, but I hope that he takes the job for a number of years. For The Price is Right to stay on the air, it will need a host who becomes the new face of the show. If the show becomes a revolving door for hosts, then it could end.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

magic store
Free Hit Countersstats
magic store