Saturday, April 28, 2007

The Ultimate Film Rip-off

I have never felt as ripped off by a film in my life as I felt today. I rented One Night with the King because I am fan of Peter O’Toole. In 2006, he was in two movies. One of them was Venus, for which he was nominated for the Oscar for Best Actor. The second film, One Night with the King, stars both him and his Lawrence of Arabia co-star, Omar Sharif.

For those who haven’t seen Lawrence of Arabia, it is one of the greatest films of all time. It turned Peter O’Toole and Omar Sharif into huge stars. I was looking forward to seeing them together on screen again.

Look at the top of the poster. There are three names at the top: Peter O’Toole, Tiffany Dupont, and Omar Sharif. The actors who are listed at the top of a poster usually are the stars of the film. Tiffany Dupont is the star of the film. Omar Sharif does have several scenes in the film. But with top billing on the poster, Peter O’Toole leaves the film before the first three minutes.

If an actor leaves a film within the first three minutes of a film, then he is not the star. A role that small is a cameo. Why would you give an actor who is only in the film for less than three minutes the top billing of the film? The only reason I can think of is to get people to see the film based on the star power of Peter O’Toole.

If I had seen this film at the theater, then I would ask for my money back. The filmmakers are clearly trying to cheat the audience by making them think that Peter O’Toole is the star of the film. I honestly hope that the filmmakers lost money on this film for deceiving the audience.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

magic store
Free Hit Countersstats
magic store