Saturday, March 31, 2007

Smashing Pumpkins 2007

Okay I'll have to admit that when the Smashing Pumpkins announced in 2005 that they would reunite, I thought it meant that they would actually perform no later than 2006. It is now official that they will perform their first show in Paris on May 22, 2007. I want to know why it took them so long.

I'll admit that while I feel that they have dragged their feet over their reunion, I'm happy that it did not get cancelled. I heard the song Tonight, Tonight on the radio yesterday, which I still feel is their best song. It reminded me of how much I missed the group.

There are two other groups that I am excited to see reunited. The first group is Genesis. I did not like listening to music until I heard the song Invisible Touch by Genesis in 1986. I remember getting their album that year. To me, they are more than a group. They are a memory of my childhood.

The second group is Van Halen, which has reunited with David Lee Roth. I will admit that I have always felt that Van Halen should have both David Lee Roth and Sammy Hagar on tour together. Some of their songs are clearly for one singer or the other. I hope that Van Halen will eventually have a true reunion with both.

What I truly want from all three groups is to hear a new album from each of them. I don't want them to reunite merely to play classic songs. I want to hear something new and something good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

magic store
Free Hit Countersstats
magic store